Friday, April 23, 2010

Criko

22nd April : A dry swag is a relief from going to bed with wet blankets tonight. In Port I stayed at friends place and today I'm back to the highway. Telegraph Point. Shooting stars are my favourite under the night sky. I'll wait to see one before I go to sleep. The bats are chirping and the road rumbles like moving furniture. Sweet dreams all,

Swaggie

Letter : After drying out my swag it was light enough for me to learn some tricks with it. I impressed the locals by spinning it on my nose and keeping it in the air with my feet.
The wholemeal loaf I purchaced from a local hot bread shop was to las me 24hrs but only lasted 4. It surprised me as I wasn't particularly ravished with hunger.
The half days rest vapourised as I walked about Port Macquarie taking care of bits and pieces. Crossing the Hamilton River, back on the Pacific Highway, I pondered how a kilometre at the start of my journey was still the same as a kilometre 1400kms later. A Tour de France cyclist once said, 'The hills never get any shorter, but they do get a little bit easier'. It may well be true but if you don't remember how difficult they were at the beginning the whole point is lost. Just keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment