Friday, May 21, 2010

Thanks for coming along

Landing back on solid ground was a peculiar ordeal. I was worried that it would be strange to wake up and have no where to start walking to. Perhaps I should've expected the intense hangover of boredom I was to endure from being in the same place for more than a day.
I've been enjoying catching up with friends and family but the desire for travelling on has crossed my mind. For the 11weeks I was walking it felt as if Winter was right on my heels. Only days after making it to Brisbane the cold set in. It's not likely that I'll keep walking north now.

The feat still meets with flabbergasted expressions as the beach tan fades back to its pale blueish pigment. When I tie my boots in the morning I jump up ready to walk somewhere. It's a sad disappointment to have no where to go. My mates grab my legs and want to show everyone my calf muscles.

My body's relishing the chance to recover. There were some growing discomforts in the last few days when the gravity of Brisbane pulled me to do over 40kms a day.

A few repairs have been made and my swag's been cleaned out ready to go at any moment.

My inspiration has been healthy and most days I enjoy the chance to sit and write as if ideas are spilling out onto the page. It's become clear that I'll write one or a few books in the coming months.

When Winter is through I'll reconsider whether I will get in a car. If I decide to get in a car again it'll be coming at it with a new attitude. I doubt I'll accept a lift out of laziness. I also doubt that I'll forget the value and beauty of walking.

One of my reasons for the walk was to grow up a little. I guess I feel a little taller.

Thanks for all the well wishes and for coming along on my Rambles. I'll post again as long as it doesn't seem like a chore.

Cheers
Swaggie

No comments:

Post a Comment